Monday, December 3, 2007

Chat and Text messaging (fluency exercise 7)

For me, I use both. It’s a fast and easy manner to communicate. With chat, I can speak with my family and my friends in France by msn messenger. Text messaging, it’s something I can use when I want to tell or ask something to someone faster than with chat, because it’s with a phone, and everybody has a phone.

I know that in France when we chat, there are a lot of expressions or words which are changed into new words or just a letter, so I think it’s the same with English chat. I start to chat in English with some of my friends who are in the SIU swim team. I think chat makes it easier to meet people or to exchange documents like for SIU students. Text messaging, it’s more useful when we are already friends, because we need to have the phone number to send text messaging.

I don’t know if I will need to use chat or text messaging in the future, probably with my work colleague if we need to exchange some information chat and text messaging are good. But I think, I will use it more just for friends and for fun in general. In business, it’s easier to speak directly face to face or by mail, to explain all the criteria for a contract for example.

No comments: